Police Checks - How to Obtain (Cayuga Minor Hockey)

PrintPolice Checks - How to Obtain

The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) is moving record checks online as of June 13, 2022.
The new process will allow those living in OPP-policed communities to submit requests for police record checks at

The online application process will allow members of the public to apply quickly, easily and securely for:

• Criminal Record Check (CRC)

• Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (CRJMC)

• Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC)

• OPP Non-Parent Custody Check (LE213)

Payment will be collected electronically as part of the online application process, with results delivered directly to the applicant through a secure portal link.

The fees for record checks remain unchanged:

• Record checks: $41.00

• Fingerprints: $90.00

Volunteer checks: free

Additional information will be available for the public at opp.ca.

To start the process, you will need to fill out a Vulnerable Sector Clearance Request form from the OHF website. 

Once on the OHF website, under the OHF VSC Checks Process tab, see Item #1 if you do not have a current VSC. Open the “OHF Letter Requesting Vulnerable Sector Check” form, fill it out, download it, and submit the request to your local police service – the police service where you reside. For areas covered by OPP, their process is now online.

Each police service will be different as to how long it will take. Please complete the process as early as possible in case there is a backlog.

*Police Checks are required for all Bench Staff to obtain an Approved Roster. 
See the "Police Checks - How to Upload" tab for more information on how to submit/upload your Police Check into the hockey database.